Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year and Contests

One of my writing resolutions for 2010 is to enter contests. This resolution came to me late in 2009 after meeting two writers at the the RWA National Conference in Washington, DC. Among their good advice - Enter contest!

2010 is off to a good start. I placed first in the Contemporary Romance category in the MERWA Synopsis Contest. However, "Into the Night" did not place in the Southern Magic 2010 Linda Howard of Excellence contest.

I just found out from a very informed, eagle-eyed writer friend that I am a finalist in the Beacon Contest in the Long Contemporary/ Single Title.

I am excited to report that the two super writer/friends I met in D.C. are both finalists in contests. Congratulations to Jeanie Therkelsen w/a Alexandra George. "Demons in Dixie" is a double finalist in the Southern Magic 2010 Linda Howard of Excellence competition. Jeanie finaled in the Unique Genres (Paranormal, Futuristic, Fantasy, and Time Travel) and The Write Magic.

Congratulations to Pamela Bolton-Holifield w/a Louisa Cornell for “The Deceit of Desire”- Historical/Regency. Pam is adding this achievement to an impressive list of accomplishments.

I feel good for all of us - and very happy to have been invited on the bumpy ride!
Thanks for the good advice Jeanie and Pam! This is fun!
Good luck to all the finalists.

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome! What a HUGE blessing you have been in my life since we met! I consider you a gift from the cosmos. And I am so proud of you! Into the Night is an awesome book and it's going places! Keep entering those contests. They are an excellent way to get feedback on your writing, improve your work and get your manuscript in front of judging editors and agents.

    It IS a bumpy ride but our friends are our shock absorbers. We can do this! Keep on keeping on, my friend, and thanks for the shout out in your blog about me. Glad and lucky to know yah!

    ReplyDelete